Enter The Best Green Event Venue
This award will go to the event venue on the island of Ireland which goes above and beyond to ensure that sustainability is central to the development and management of the location.
Examples of Venues that should enter: this award is open to, but not limited to, Convention Centres, Concert Venues, Live Entertainment Venues, Sporting Stadia, Purpose Built Outdoor Venues, or Hotels/Country Houses/Castles/Halls with event facilities.
Entry is by a 5 A4 page submission: Please address the key criteria set out below, backed up by photos (4 minimum), laying out any additional info (e.g. videos etc) in a clear manner.
- Venue Information: genesis/ history of the venue, your organisation’s background, the equipment and technology available, facilities, capacities, formats and flexibility of your venue space(s).
- Commitments: Please outline how you prioritise and manage waste, water & carbon emissions, as well as your venue’s social impact on the local region if relevant. What steps have you taken, what are your future plans? Outline the results achieved to date including any innovations introduced.
- Event Summary: provide a sample of events hosted over the past 12 months, outlining any social or environmental considerations made where possible.
- Culture: outline how sustainability has been embedded into your organisation, the level of senior management buy-in and any commitments made to staff training and communication of your sustainability initiatives.
- Include any other facts or statements that you feel are relevant to support your entry.