Enter The Best Event Caterer
This award recognises the hard work, dedication, and innovation of event caterers across Ireland. If you have provided food and beverage for any kind of event in Ireland - and can demonstrate creative flair, innovation, value for money and delicious food - then this is the category for you.
Please note that all entrants to this category must be available for a tasting between May 18th to June 2nd. This will account for 50% of your overall score.
Examples of organisations that should enter: Catering and banqueting teams who provide food and beverage for events.
Entry is by a 5 A4 page submission: The judges would like to see hard-evidence of the scope of your operation, the size and type of events you cater for with emphasis on any unique aspects that may pertain. Please address the key criteria set out below, backed up by photos (4 minimum), laying out any additional info (e.g. videos etc) in a clear manner.
- Company information: services you provide, when the company was established, number of employees, key skills within your team, numbers catered for, any special requirements.
- Summarise the events your company have worked on in the past 12 months: objectives, budgets, the size and scope of the events.
- Execution and Outcomes: how the menu was designed, rationale for use of specific produce, integration of the catering service with the overall event (for example, was there any particular themes carried over into the food/drink element), outline any special challenges faced and resolutions and include feedback from clients and attendees.
- Value to the Client: was the project delivered on budget? What steps were taken to deliver the best possible value to the clients?
- Have you introduced any innovative ideas in the past 12 months? If so, what are they and what effect have they had on your business? Have your clients/attendees given you feedback on these initiatives?
- Include any other relevant statements or facts which support your entry.