Enter The Best Sporting Event
With 1 in 6 Irish people attending a sporting event on a regular basis, sporting events are a big business. If you’ve pulled off a spectacular sporting event in the past 12 months that delivered an outstanding experience for spectators, then you should enter this category.
Examples of event organisers that should enter: Sport promoters and organisers.
Entry is by a 5 A4 page submission: The judges would like to see hard-evidence of the scope of the event with emphasis on any unique aspects that may pertain. Please address the key criteria set out below, backed up by photos (4 minimum), laying out any additional info (e.g. videos etc) in a clear manner.
- Event Information: history of event (is it a new event or has it been going for a number of years?), what kind of event was it (GAA, football, boxing, other) what were the objectives, who were the team behind it, were there any special features for the attendees other than the main event.
- Please specify the event budget, any creative uses of same.
- Delivery and Execution: what were your concepts and how did you fulfil the objectives set out, outline any special challenges faced and resolutions, how were the events marketed and promoted.
- Achievements & Outcomes: what media coverage was achieved, what was the profile and number of attendees and what feedback was received from clients/ sponsors and attendees.
- Please detail any innovations that you introduced through this project.
- Sustainable Practices: Outline the steps taken to improve energy efficiency and reduce the carbon footprint of the event(s), backed up with stats and facts where possible.
- Include any other relevant statements or facts which support your entry.